Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 30, 2015

Sweet moments of the week- and Halloween question

    - I began working on my Thanksgiving tree project. My sister-in-law, Sarah, just sent me a bunch of leaf cut outs that I can decorate. Thanks, Sarah!
   - I wrote a few parents to tell them how much I enjoy having their children in my class. I received some great responses, even though they didn't need to write back.
    - A 5th grade girl made me a cute little ghost cupcake. Kind of like these, but the ghost was a folded piece of fondant, covered in more fondant. This little girl is one of the nicest kids. (She wore this costume:  to school today with a little painted pink nose and whiskers.)
     - I also saw a baby (inflatable) sumo wrestler costume, Justin Bieber, a bumble bee, a cowgirl, lots of superheroes, Waldo, etc. There were no super gross or sexy costumes. It was refreshing.
     -Helped a good friend who is going through a hard time
     - Played a few duets with Timmy while he was practicing trumpet. (I played recorder. It was torture for my music teacher ears, but it was fun. Timmy is doing great.)
      - Played some board games with David
      -Helped Tim on a book report
     - Watched Amazing Race with the kids tonight. Now they both want to try bungee jumping.
     -Talked to the boys about some new activities that neither of them have tried before. It will be interesting to see if they like them or not.
       -Matt made these Rolo Cheesecake Bars:
ROLO CHEESECAKE BARS. Recipe Oh my gosh. This is the picture and recipe from Just a Pinch Recipes. Holy cow are they tasty!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow is Halloween. My students asked me today which countries currently celebrate Halloween. If you are reading from outside of the US, can you tell me if Halloween in celebrated in your country? If so, what do people do on Halloween?  For our family it's a time to dress up, go trick or treating and eat candy, but that's pretty much it.
     I'd love to talk to them about it on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Here in Melbourne, Australia, children dress up for trick or treating but it's very low-key. They only knock on the doors of the houses that are decorated (about 30 percent of the neighbourhood), and nothing is too gross or scary (either in costumes or houses). It's a really fun, community time. Halloween has certainly picked up as an activity since I was a kid, when we knew about it but there was no trick-or-treating, just the occasional grown-up party or some scary movies on TV that night.

    ReplyDelete