Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Catching up and new art challenge

   My kitchen table has become a pile of "to register" Postcrossing cards and wayward art supplies. God bless my husband for being patient with me. I received lots of great postcards this week. From Belgium:

From Sochi Russia:

From Taiwan. The sender is a 16 year old girl who plays the piano and the erhu.

From Finland. Is this a close up of a grape or something totally different? Where are all my Finnish friends? I love this card!


From the USA. "Ember- the Fire Sprite" by Ruth Thompson

From Australia. For some reason the picture of the stamp she sent doesn't want to cooperate. It's a stamp of the royal visit from Prince William and Kate with their son. I've never seen that before.  Also, she told me about the Aboriginal singer Gurrumul Yunupingu. Check him out. His voice is so soothing. 

From Italy, also with pretty stamps that I hadn't seen.


From Poland

Colorado, USA

Russia:

China, I'm not sure I'm holding the card right. 

2nd card I received from a Penpals&Letters Swap back in July. Thanks, Kirsty!


I finished my Index Card a Day Challenge and since I had so much fun being creative, I joined the next challenges. One is a daily paper prompt- which is basically a create based on a prompt project, no other rules. I'm continuing on with the index cards though many people are moving to an art journal. (This would be easier for size but I would never get anything done at home or for the challenge.)  The Art Journaling Tangents &Tactics is a set of techniques, tutorials and creative prompts. I'm really looking forward to this. I would love if you checked out Tammy's page at http://daisyyellowart.com/    She's pretty awesome. 
     Speaking of awesome.. lol, I am growing a bit in my comfort level with trying to create. I'm usually pretty rule oriented so these prompts are so helpful to me. I am finding, however, that I'm able to come up with more than 1 idea rather than just taking it literally or feeling totally incapacitated. Here are my first 5 (6) daily paper prompts:
DPP1- Rainbow  AJT1- Starburst
DPP2- Window. I'm disappointed with this a little. It's a stained glass window. I wanted the painted outside of the window to be a lighter grey. The window "glass" is painted wax paper. 


DPP3- Drips. I really like this one. It's flicked/dripped watercolors

DPP4- Flowers- inspired by the daisies my nana gave me for my anniversary on Friday. They're much prettier than these. Mutant stems. Oops. 

After my stem issue, I thought maybe I should just do that one over.  So, I tried my hand at collage. DPP4b

DPP5- Linear


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog- is so filled with fun and color :) Awesome postcards too- I love the Finland/Poland ones!

    ReplyDelete