Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow day!

    I have a snow day today, which means I have a little unscheduled time. I have been trying to find time to write, blog, and catch up with a few people. I'm hoping to do a little of each today!
     I have not received many good mail lately. Since my last post, I have only received 3 things in the mail. This is probably directly related to the fact that I haven't been able to sit down and write, which I really miss. Here's my mail update.

366 Update

Sent: 14

Received: 12

    I sent out 2 postcards this morning- both to Russia. I meant to take pictures but I forgot. Sorry.

Incoming...
    





     I did a special Christmas Mystery Envelope RR with a Postcrosser in the Netherlands and one in New Mexico. Here's what came back to me in the envelope. The first things were items I put in that others didn't decide to take. The next pictures are: Christmas sitckers, cards from New Mexico, a traditional ornament from New Mexico, David (didn't come in the mail) and a candy stick, and a cute little tealight holder. (I love the reindeer.)
 
   This is a card from Russia. It is an illustration of an old Russian epic.  Thanks, Yulia!
 
    This card is from Inna in the Ukraine. It is the recipe for traditional stuffed carp. It surprised me that it was made with sunflower oil. (This may just because I don't usually cook with sunflower oil.) I'm not sure I would like to eat it but I love getting cards with traditional foods. 

Snow!!!

     This winter has been fairly snowy compared to the past few years. One great thing- Timmy has discovered that he loves helping to shovel- as well as sledding and snowboarding. David also likes snowboarding and sledding but seems to be less excited about being freezing!  
 Here's my new car...or at least part of it. (My old car was considered a "total loss" after the accident. Boo!)
 Matt and Timmy hard at work.  We have about 1 foot of snow so far.



2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of snow. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I totally could not handle the heat there. My Irish skin would not let me live anywhere near where you are.. lol.

      Delete